Authors

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Reflection 11

Since we have been talking about Security and Insecurity all this week, I would like to take some time to point out the slightly alarming things I found when we went to the pentagon on Wednesday. First of all, I may just be over reacting, but I feel a little uncomfortable at the fact that the Pentagon has its own metro stop. Sure, it is the pentagon, and it is, to some extent, a tourist site. But it is also the center for security of the entire Nation, and I just can't help but worry how easy it would be to just run out of the subway station and cause major damage to the tourists and the guards on duty. I also found it even more alarming to learn that the escalators leading out from the subway station came right up inside the pentagon. First of all, whose smart subway planning was that? Second of all, it is unbelievably easy for a very dangerous person to walk right into the Pentagon and detonate something (this might be an exageration, but it's not completely impossible.) Last of all, what? just, what? I'm going to stop thinking about it now because I'm hoping there was some form of SUPER STATE OF THE ART security technology to prevent things like that from happening.
I also found it unbelievably ironic to find that they actually sold Pentagon shot glasses. I spent a good half hour cracking up at the idea in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment